Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Orleans Food for Foodies


John got the Tabasco Shrimp at Commander's Palace for his birthday. Happy 35th John!!


By far our favorite meal: 3 lbs fresh steamed shrimp, 1 lb steamed crawfish, boiled corn, potatoes and yes, a garlic bulb for John. Thank you Fisherman's Cove.


I got the pecan crusted gulf fish with Champagne poached whole lump crab at Commander's Palace. Yummm




Red fish Bon Ton at Cafe Bon Ton (I actually liked this better than the fish at Commander's Palace shhhh).



After eating a decent breakfast and a full lunch at the conference John joined me for (2nd) lunch around 3p, eating 1/2 muffalata (seen) and some Gumbo. He then went on to have a Healthy dinner of Crawfish etufee at Cafe Bon Ton.



5 comments:

  1. Chelsea, i soooo wish i could eat like John! this is a cute pic of him. i also like the pic of him with the crawfish in his yap.

    very nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to tell you how much i loved the food pics. it brought back wonderful memories...

    the pics of your girls are adorable. Layla sure loves her hats and glasses! Bella is such a pretty thing. Sophia's darling, and that hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking your blog daily since you got back to see some pictures. And here they are!
    I am not sure I could "handle" the crawfish in the shells. You guys ate a lot of fish in a few days!! I am glad you had a fun time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post was for me.

    YUM!

    I hate/love it when the hole in the wall dining is better than the fancy shmancy.

    Hate it because that means I paid the high prices of the ritzs, but love it because I can eat better for cheaper!

    Where is my doggy bag?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome!! So yummy!! I am mad I didn't go.

    ReplyDelete